We provide a varied selection of activities & experiences that enable children to have plenty of purposeful play indoors and outdoors throughout a session, building on children’s existing skills and interests.
- Creative activities: painting (large scale/small scale/easel/mixing/printing), rice and sticking, model making, drawing etc.
- Messy play: playdough, sand, water, corn flour, shaving foam, sand and water play.
- Imaginative play: dressing up, home corner, farm animals, cars and construction toys.
- Physical play: bikes, ride on toys, bats, balls, hoops, ribbon sticks, stepping stones & a slide.
- Music and movement: daily letters and sounds & circle time.
- Gardening: planting seeds, looking after them and watching them grow.
We have numerous visits from various professionals, who share their specialized knowledge with the children. These have included a visit from Bodmin Fire Brigade, Bodmin Police and Cornwall Air Ambulance.
We have access to a large playing field and Nanstallon CP Schools Woodland Area.
Badger Forest School
We are currently working closely with Claire Whalley from Badger Forest School. She will be visiting the Pre-School every Thursday from October 2014.
“Badger Forest school & Outdoor Learning is an opportunity for your child to experience nature and the outdoor environment in a safe, secure and hands on way. Children learn best from first hand experiences. Exploring, playing and so learning using a range of activities (both designed by the leader and instigated by the children themselves) is what forest school is all about. Building a sense of independence, confidence, high self esteem and team work are important parts of forest school, but health and safety considerations are always of paramount importance. We are passionate about learning in the outdoors and the skills it provides young people.”