Working in Partnership with Parents
We recognise that parents are the first and most important educators of young children; we support parents and actively encourage their involvement. We regularly keep parents up to date with Pre-School news in a number of ways:
- The Pre-School Prospectus and welcome pack set out vital information for new parents.
- We provide half termly newsletters to keep parents up to date with events and fundraising.
- Pre-School staff send letters/ notes home about specific news/events.
- Important notices are placed on Pre-School noticeboard.
- Staff give informal feedback at end of sessions.
- Key Person news book- parents can share information with their child’s key person if they are unavailable to speak to them.
- Tapestry Online Learning Journal – Every child has an online learning journal in which their Key Person records through photographs and observations how they are developing through each area and phase of development of the EYFS. This enables parents to view and comment on these special moments, they are also able to contribute their own stories of their child’s life outside of Pre-School.
- Parent consultations are held at the end of every term.
- Progress check at age 2 – At some point after a child turns 2, we will give parents a written summary of how their child is progressing against the 3 prime areas of learning: This check will highlight areas where your child is progressing well and anywhere they might need some extra help or support.
- WOW Wall – Parents can tell us about any significant moments or anything they notice about their child’s learning at home.